The A. K. Smiley Friends of the Library support book clubs reading various topics. Below is listing of the current three including their coordinator. Please call or email for particulars.
Drop-ins interested in discussing a particular book are always welcome. Watch your FOL Newsletter for further information about the book clubs. Would you like to start another book group under the auspices of the Friends? Let us know and we’ll help make it happen.
The Third Monday Book Club: 11 am. Assembly Room of Smiley Library
Contact Jane Lawrence-Gunn (909) 798-2689 or Carl Martz (909) 793-7704 for further information.
The Eclectic Readers (2nd Tuesday Evenings (usually) at 7:30 pm) Location varies
- January 8, 2019 The Mark of a Giant: 7 People Who Changed the World
by Helene Hanff
- February 12, 2019 Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterley
- March 12, 2019 Tortilla Curtain by T.C. Boyle
- April 9, 2019 Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
- May 14, 2019 The Piano Tuner by Daniel Mason
- June 11, 2019 The Clockmaker’s Daughter by Kate Morton
- August 13, 2019 Annie Freeman’s Fabulous Traveling Funeral
by Kris Radish
- September 10, 2019 Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- October 8, 2019 Eleanor of Aquitane by Alison Weir
- November 12, 2019 Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
Contact Hopi at Hopiclan@gmail.com for further information.
Third Wednesday Book Club: 2:30 pm in the Assembly Room of Smiley Library
- January 16, 2019 Where the Water Goes: Life and Death along the Colorado River by David Owen
- February 20, 2019 The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- March 20, 2019 The Hidden Life of Trees by Peer Wohlieben
- April 17, 2019 To the Lighthouse by Virginia Wolf
- May 15, 2019 The Unwanted: A Memoir of Childhood by Kien Nguyen
- June 19, 2019 A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
- July 17, 2019 Janesville: An American Story by Amy Goldstein
Contact David Bragg (909) 784-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.