The A. K. Smiley Friends of the Library support book clubs reading various topics. Below is listing of the current three including their coordinator. Please call or email for particulars.
Drop-ins interested in discussing a particular book are always welcome. Watch your FOL Newsletter for further information about the book clubs. Would you like to start another book group under the auspices of the Friends? Let us know and we’ll help make it happen.
The Third Monday Book Club: 11 am. Assembly Room of Smiley Library
- August 21: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- September 18: The Last Goodnight: A World War II Story of Espionage, Adventure, and Betrayal by Howard Blum
- October 16: Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
Contact Jane Lawrence-Gunn (909) 798-2689 or Carl Martz (909) 793-7704 for further information.
The Eclectic Readers (1st Tuesday Evenings (usually) at 7:30 pm) Location varies
- August 8: Queen Hereafter: A Novel of Margaret of Scotland by Susan Fraser King
- September 12: A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- October 10: Being Moral by Atul Gawande
- November 14: Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver
- December 12: Mennonite In A Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen
- January 9, 2018: The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens
Contact Hopi at Hopiclan@gmail.com for further information.
Third Wednesday Book Club: 2:30 pm in the Assembly Room of Smiley Library
- September 20: The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- October 18: The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens
- November 15: A Thief of Time by Tony Hillerman
- December 20: Commonwealth by Ann PAtchett
- January 17, 2018: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- February 21: The Light Between the Oceans by M.L. Seadman
- March 21: My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman
- April 18: A Christmas Promise by Anne Perry
- May 16: The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow
- June 20: The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- July 18: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Contact David Bragg (909) 784-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.