The A. K. Smiley Friends of the Library support book clubs reading various topics. Below is listing of the current three including their coordinator. Please call or email for particulars.
Drop-ins interested in discussing a particular book are always welcome. Watch your FOL Newsletter for further information about the book clubs. Would you like to start another book group under the auspices of the Friends? Let us know and we’ll help make it happen.
The Third Monday Book Club: 11 am. Assembly Room of Smiley Library
Contact Jane Lawrence-Gunn (909) 798-2689 or Carl Martz (909) 793-7704 for further information.
The Eclectic Readers (2nd Wednesday Evenings (usually) at 7:30 pm) Location varies
- August 8, 2018 Queen Hereafter: A Novel of Margaret of Scotland
by Susan Fraser King
- Septembert 12, 2018 A Man Called Ove by Frerik Backman
- October 10, 2018 Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- November 14, 2018 Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver
- December 12, 2018 Holiday Potluck (Starts at 6:00pm)
Contact Hopi at Hopiclan@gmail.com for further information.
Third Wednesday Book Club: 2:30 pm in the Assembly Room of Smiley Library
- September 19, 2018 Ghost Story by Peter Straub
- October 17, 2018 What Remains: A Memoir of Fate, Friendship, and Love
by Carole Radziwell
- November 21, 2018 A Gentleman of Moscow by Amor Towles
- December 19, 2018 A Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
- January 16, 2019 Where the Water Goes: Life and Death along the Colorado River
by David Owen
- February 20, 2019 The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- March 20, 2019 The Hidden Life of Trees by Peer Wohlieben
- April 17, 2019 To the Lighthouse by Virginia Wolf
- May 15, 2019 The Unwanted: A Memoir of Childhood by Kien Nguyen
- June 19, 2019 A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
- July 17, 2019 Janesville: An American Story by Amy Goldstein
Contact David Bragg (909) 784-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.