The A. K. Smiley Friends of the Library support book clubs reading various topics. Below is listing of the current three including their coordinator. Please call or email for particulars.
Drop-ins interested in discussing a particular book are always welcome. Watch your FOL Newsletter for further information about the book clubs. Would you like to start another book group under the auspices of the Friends? Let us know and we’ll help make it happen.
The Eclectic Readers (2nd Tuesday Evenings (usually) at 7:30 pm) via Zoom
- February 9, 2021 News of the World by Paulette Jiles
(Note: Jan suggests that you listen to the music that is mentioned in the book as you are reading. YouTube has them)
- March 9, 2021 Where the Wind Leads: A Refugee Family’s Miraculous Story of Loss, Rescue and Redemption by Vihn Chung
- April 13, 2021 Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by John le Carre
- May 11, 2021 The Hidden Life of Trees: That They Feel, How They Communicate — Discoveries from a Secret World by Peter Wohlleben
- June 8, 2021 The Man by Keiichiro Hirano
- July 13, 2021 In the Country of Women: A Memoir by Susan Straight
- August 10, 2021 The Sunken Land Begins to Rise Again by M. John Harrison
- September 14, 2021 Winter Counts by David Heska Wanbi Wieden
- October 12, 2021 The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- November 9, 2021
- December 14, 2021 Christmas Party
Contact Hopi at Hopiclan@gmail.com for further information.
Third Wednesday Book Club:
2:30 pm via Zoom
- February 17, 2021 Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
- March 21, 2021 The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coate
- April 21, 2021 The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- May 19, 2021 Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- June 16, 2021 American Dirt by Jeannie Cumins
- July 21, 2021 Uncommon Type by Tom Hanks
Contact David Bragg (909) 784-0770 or email@example.com for further information.
The Fourth Monday Book Club: 11 am
- February 22, 2021 She Came by It Natural: Dolly Parton and the Women Who Lived Her Songs by Sarah Smarsh
- March 29, 2021 The Black Woman of Troublesome Creek: A Novel by Kim Michele Richardson
Contact Carl Martz (909) 793-7704 for further information.