The A. K. Smiley Friends of the Library support book clubs reading various topics. Below is listing of the current three including their coordinator. Please call or email for particulars.
Drop-ins interested in discussing a particular book are always welcome. Watch your FOL Newsletter for further information about the book clubs. Would you like to start another book group under the auspices of the Friends? Let us know and we’ll help make it happen.
The Eclectic Readers (2nd Tuesday Evenings (usually) at 7:30 pm) Location varies
- August 11, 2020 Bitter Orange by Claire Fuller
- Sept. 8, 2020 There There by Tommy Orange
- October 13, 2020 The Overstory by Richard Powers
- November 10, 2020 Warstory by Michael Ondaajte
- January 11, 2021 The Island of Sea Woman by Lisa See
- February 9, 2021 The Hidden Life of Trees: That They Feel, How They Communicate — Discoveries from a Secret World by Peter Wohleben
Contact Hopi at Hopiclan@gmail.com for further information.
Third Wednesday Book Club: 2:30 pm in the Assembly Room of Smiley Library
Contact David Bragg (909) 784-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Fourth Monday Book Club: 11 am. Assembly Room of Smiley Library
Contact Jane Lawrence-Gunn (909) 798-2689 or Carl Martz (909) 793-7704 for further information.