One of the easiest ways to support The Friends of A.K. Smiley Public Library is to become a member. You may join the Friends by clicking here to download a membership form to print and return to the address below.
Monetary donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. You may mail your check, payable to “Friends of A.K. Smiley Public Library,” to:
Friends of A.K. Smiley Public Library
125 West Vine Street
Redlands, California 92373
All book donations are on hold from now through March 6, 2022.
The Friends accept gently used books, hardback and paperback, audiobooks, newer magazines, DVD’s and video games.
- Donation drop-off hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm, with the exception of when the library is closed for holidays.
- Please limit donations to 4 bags/boxes per day. For large donations: please wear a mask, ring the doorbell at the library’s delivery door located on Eureka Street and a cart will be provided. Smaller donations may be placed in the donation bin located outside the Assembly Room door on the south side of the library.
- If you have more than 4 bags/boxes please call Smiley Library (909) 798-7565 to see if special accommodations can be arranged.
- Because of COVID-19, staff will not be able to assist with unloading donations.
To make a donation using a credit card or PayPal, click the “Donate” button below.
The Friends are charged a nominal fee for online transactions. If you make your donation online, please consider increasing the amount to ensure the Friends receive the full intention of your donation. For a $10 donation, consider donating $11. For a $20 donation, consider donating $22.
You may direct your donation to a specific program. When using the PayPal donate page, click on the field “Do you want a specific group to benefit?” and enter the program name. If you are sending a check, enter the program name on the memo line. If a Friends of the Library program is not specified, the donation will go to the Friends’ general fund.
- Adult Literacy
- Children’s Programming
- Adult Programming
- New book purchases for the library’s collection
- New DVD purchases
Please use the Contact Us page should you have any concerns or questions about donations.
Thank you for your support of the Friends of A.K. Smiley Public Library.
Do you shop at Amazon? Did you know that Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to the nonprofit of your choice? The Amazon Smile program allows all Amazon purchasers, both regular and Prime, to designate a nonprofit for their donation.
- You must purchase your items at Amazon’s Smile website: https://smile.amazon.com
- Sign in using your regular Amazon username and password. Your shopping cart, shipping address, and payment information will be identical to your regular Amazon account. There will be an Amazon logo in the corner that says Amazon Smile.
- The first time you log in, Amazon Smile will prompt you to select a charity/nonprofit. Friends of AK Smiley Public Library is a great nonprofit to choose! If you’ve previously chosen a nonprofit organization and would like to change, there is a link to make that change.
- Put your items in your cart and check out as usual. Your donation will be automatically applied and provided to the Friends!