The Friends Silent Auction is divided into three parts. An OLD AND RARE BOOKS auction consists of 2 books on the upper shelf of the rack against the wall. It remains open for bidding for two weeks. PROFESSOR PARSONS’ PICKS is a selection of 6 or more books on the second shelf picked by Professor Ted Parsons that he thinks will be of particular interest to readers, the REGULAR AUCTION which consists of about 50 books on the table and on the two racks. Bidding remains open for one week. The bidding is in whole dollars and ends on Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. At that time there can be a bid-off between competing bidders.
You will be notified by phone if you are the highest bidder. Books may be paid for and picked up at the close of the auction (1:00 p.m. on Tuesday) OR at the Friends Bookstore in the basement of the library after 2:30 p.m. on the Tuesday of the ending of the auction.
If books are not picked up within TWO WEEKS, they will go to the second highest bidder.
The next bag sale will take place on December 6, 2014
OLD AND RARE AUCTION
Two to Four OLD and/or RARE books or sets of books are offered on the top shelf of the stand against the wall at the auction. Bidding begins at 1 pm November 10, 2014 on these books will remain open for TWO WEEKS (until December 9, 2014) . Only facsimiles of pages and cover are there. Please go to the bookstore to examine the books.
- The War on Cuba (Min. Bid $20)
- The Land of the Pilgrim’s Pride (Min. Bid $20)
PROFESSOR PARSONS’ PICKS
The Professsor’s Picks are open only one week, the same as the regular auction
- Painting as a Passtime (Min Bis $8)
- The Black Stallion and Flames (Min. Bid $12)
- The Lost World (Min Bid $7)
- Three Came Home (Min. Bid $7)
- Two Little Confederates (Min. Bid $12)
- The Itinerary of a Breakfast (Min. Bid $15)
REGULAR SILENT AUCTION
The regular silent auction will be up for bid for ONE WEEK and this one begins on Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 1pm and continues until 1PM, TUESDAY, December 9 (NOTE!!!!). About fifty books are as listed below are displayed in the Main Library for the Silent Auction,
- 10 CDs of Classical Music
- 10 CDs: Dances, Pavorotti, Etc.
- 10 Christmas CDs
- 11 Little Golden Books for Children
- 17 M.C. Beaton Mysteries
- 2 Books by Andy Rooney
- 2 Books: A Christmas Carol & Night Before Christmas
- 2 Books: Everything for a Perfect Holiday & Hand-made Christmas
- 2 Books: Murder for Christmas & All through the House
- 2 Books: Olivia Saves the Circus & Dirty Cowboy
- 2 Books: The Jungle Book & Robin Hood
- 2 Dickens Books: Old Curiosity Shop & Dickens of London
- 2 Huck Books: Secret Places & Toads and Diamonds
- 2 Sherlock Holmes Books
- 2 Volumes: Dining with the Duchess
- 20 Volumes: The Ocean World of Jacques Cousteau
- 22 Early 20th Century Books
- 3 Books of Christmas Carols
- 3 Books on the Air Force
- 3 Books: Peanuts Christmas, Jolly Postman, & Snow Tree
- 3 Children’s Winter and Christmas Books
- 3 Louis L’Amour Books
- 3 Volumes: Masterpieces of Mystery
- 4 Agatha Christie Books
- 4 Books of Terror, Suspense, and the Dead
- 4 Books on Christmas Traditions & Ideas
- 4 Books: Christmas Simpsons, Jolly Christmas, etc.
- 4 Books: Songs of Joy, Christmas Wish, Etc.
- 4 Christmas Books By Karon, McCullough, 7 Zwerger
- 4 Christmas: Nutcracker, Holiday Stories, Etc.
- 4 Cookbooks
- 5 Book on Death Valley
- 5 Steinbeck Novels
- 6 Books on Native Americans
- 7 Volumes: Britannia’s Bookshelf
- Dickens a Christmas Carol
- Gardening Made Easy
- Little Women
- Norman Rockwell & Sat. Evening Post Christmas Books
- The Annotated Christmas Carol by Dickens
- The Gigantic Book of Fishing Stories
- The Joy of Cooking
- The Last Stand
- The Works of Edgar Allan Poe